Last updated and effective date: October 17, 2022
“Personal information” refers to information that can identify you as an individual. This includes information directly given to us by you and indirect information for which the collection, usage, and protection is subject to data protections laws in any jurisdiction in which we operate within.
Purpose of Personal Data Collection
We collect, use, and protect your personal information for the following purposes.
- Provision of information regarding our E-commerce business activities, questionnaires and surveys, product information, marketing, and other communication
- Credit, collection, and obligations management related to your transactions
- Inquiries, consultations on skincare and health care, and after-sales services
- Publication of your comments and testimonials on our websites, mail magazines, hand-made newsletters, advertisements, and social media
- Employment and labor management of employees (including prospective job applicants and retired employees)
- Other purposes that may accompany the above
What Personal Information We Collect
In compliance with applicable data protection laws of the country we conduct business in, we will handle your personal information by appropriate and fair means.
The following are the minimum necessary personal data we will collect from you in order to conduct accurate shipping and payment processing, and for accurate inquiries and consultations.
- First and last name
- Postal code and address
- E-mail address
- Phone number
- Date of birth
- Payment method information
- Billing address
How We Collect Your Personal Information
We may collect and process your personal information when you conduct the following:
- When you access or sign in to our websites
- When you interact with our advertisements and social media content
- When you purchase our products and use our services
- When you participate in our questionnaires and surveys
- When you apply for our campaigns
- When we respond to your inquiries and consultations
- When you share your comments, testimonials, feedback, suggestions, or content
If you are under the age of 18 and view or purchase our products, we will not use your personal information for marketing purposes unless we receive parental or guardian consent. We may ask you to provide confirmation by your parent or guardian of their consent.
In the case that we may require additional personal information, we will contact you personally.
Disclosure and Non-disclosure of Your Personal Information
We do not sell, lease, or release your personal information to third parties. We maintain full confidentiality of your personal information.
We will, however, share and disclose your personal information without notice under the following conditions.
- When your personal information is requested and required by laws and regulations of any applicable jurisdiction to:
- Comply with any legal requirements or legal processes served on our websites and platforms
- Protect and defend our rights, interests, and property
- Investigate fraudulent and unlawful activities and misconduct
- When we have your approval and consent
- When you share your comments, testimonials, feedback, suggestions, or content, for marketing purposes
- When we determine that it is necessary for yours and a third party’s public interests (life, health, and property) or for your benefit
- When our business is inherited and personal information must be transferred
Outsourcing of Your Personal Information to Third Parties
We may share and disclose your personal information to third parties for one or more of the aforementioned Purposes of Personal Data Collection. In this case, you agree and consent to the disclosure of your personal information to the following third parties.
- Corporate affiliates: We may share and disclose your personal information with any parent or subsidiary of our company.
- Japan Post: For shipping and delivery purposes, we will share and disclose your personal information with Japan Post.
- Promotion partners: We may share and disclose your personal information to any brands and companies that we partner with for promotions, campaigns, and product releases.
- Social media platforms: Our websites include links and plugins to our social media that may result in the sharing and disclosure of your personal information when accessed. Your interactions with our social media content may also result in the sharing and disclosure of your personal information.
- Legal procedures: Under any jurisdiction applicable to us, we may share and disclose your personal information as per relevant laws, regulations, policies, business and industry guidelines of the country we conduct business in, in compliance to legal requests and investigations.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
Although most browsers automatically accept cookies, you may alter your browser settings to decline them. Declining cookies may limit you from obtaining the full user experience and accessing all features of our websites and social media platforms.
In addition to your protected legal rights, you have the following rights regarding your personal information.
- Changing and correcting your personal information: You may change, correct, or update your personal information via our website.
- Deletion of personal information: Should you request that your personal information be deleted from our database, we will comply immediately.
- Unsubscribe from our content: You may unsubscribe from receiving our information via our website. However, we do not accept unsubscriptions from information regarding purchases and orders.
- Accept or deny cookies: You may change your browser settings to decline all cookies.
Effect of Notice and Changes to Notice
This notice applies in conjunction with any other notices, contractual clauses, and consent clauses that apply in relation to the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information by us.
We may revise this Notice from time to time without any prior notice. You may determine if any such revision has taken place by referring to the date on which this Notice was last updated. Your continued use of our services constitutes your acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes.
Inquiries and Complaints